Every student has a unique educational path. Non-traditional students often have many interesting and varied stories that contribute to a rich narrative that has brought them to IU Bloomington. With these students in mind, we have the five scholarships below available:
- Bloomington Business and Professional Women’s Organization
- Ford P. Hall Scholarship
- Myron and Babs Forman Scholarship Fund
- Osher Reentry Scholarship
- Returning Student Services Fund
To fill out the application to be eligible for any of these five scholarships, please follow the following steps:
HOW TO COMPLETE THE STUDENTS IN TRANSITION SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION
- Log into One.IU using your IU computing account. Enter the keyword "scholarships" in the search bar.
- Click on the "Scholarships" icon, a dollar sign ($) with a graduation cap.
- Click “Sign In With Your Network ID.” You may be prompted to sign in using your IU credentials.
- Complete all questions on the "General Application,” then click “Finish and Submit.” This should be completed before applying for the Students in Transition scholarships. Please ensure that you answer all questions thoroughly.
- Once your submit the General Application, click on the “Other Recommended Opportunities,” search for the keywords "Students in Transition," and click on "IUB-Students in Transition Scholarships". The deadline to submit the application is August 1, 2019.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
You should check with your employer, along with any civic, religious, or community affiliations you may have, to inquire about possible scholarships. We’ve listed a few possibilities here as well.
IU Credit Union
Available to part-time and full-time IU students who are members of the IU Credit Union.
Indiana Women's Education Foundation
Scholarships for women in a variety of fields of study and life circumstances. Check out their website for more information and the application.
For women who have had a 24 consecutive month gap in their education and are within 24 consecutive months of completing their degree. The application is due at least 10 weeks prior to the start of the semester. For more information and the scholarship application, email Lou Moir at firstname.lastname@example.org.