To be eligible to receive the Covenant, 21st Century Scholars must:
- Apply to IU during the fall of your senior year and be accepted by the Office of Admissions. Don’t forget to indicate that you are a 21st Century Scholar on the application for admission.
- Complete the Scholar Success Program requirements. Track your progress in your ScholarTrack account.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15 of your senior year. This is also one of the Scholar Success Program requirements.
- Complete the Intent to Enroll form for IU Bloomington and enroll in the fall following your senior year of high school.
- Hoosier Link students who successfully transfer to IU Bloomington after no more three consecutive terms at Ivy Tech (fall, spring, and summer) are eligible to be considered for the Covenant award.
Covenant Award Process
The 21st Century Scholarship Covenant award is available to 21st Century Scholars who demonstrate unmet financial need. The Covenant is an automatic financial award—it does not require a separate application.
The amount of the award varies by each student’s financial aid profile. Your Expected Family Contribution, federal and state grants, and additional scholarships could impact the amount of unmet financial need you will have. Here’s how it works:
- First, your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is determined from the information you provided on your FAFSA.
- Next, your EFC is added to the tuition waiver from the state and subtracted from the direct costs of attendance. This determines your financial need.
- If you have unmet financial need after any additional scholarships or grants are awarded, then you will receive the Covenant to cover budgeted costs for tuition and fees, room and board, and books.
The disbursement of this award is based on the discretion of the Office of Student Financial Assistance. More information about financial aid is available on the Student Central website.
Retaining the Covenant
In order to retain the Covenant after your freshman year, you must: