To be eligible to receive the Covenant, 21st Century Scholars must:
- Apply to IU during the fall of your senior year and be accepted by the Office of Admissions. Don’t forget to indicate that you are a 21st Century Scholar on the application for admission.
- Complete the Scholar Success Program requirements. Track your progress in your ScholarTrack account.
- Submit your FAFSA. This is also one of the Scholar Success Program requirements.
- Complete the Intent to Enroll form for IU Bloomington and enroll in the fall following your senior year of high school.
- Hoosier Link students who successfully transfer to IU Bloomington after no more than three consecutive terms at Ivy Tech (fall, spring, and summer) are eligible to be considered for the Covenant award.
Covenant Award Process
The 21st Century Scholarship Covenant award is available to 21st Century Scholars who demonstrate unmet financial need. The Covenant is an automatic financial award—it does not require a separate application.
The amount of the award varies by each student’s financial aid profile. The 21st Century Scholarship will cover the costs of tuition and mandatory fees. For eligible students who have unmet financial need after other scholarships or grants are applied, the Covenant will provide additional funding to assist with budgeted housing and food, books, and supplies.
More information about financial aid is available on the Student Central website.
Renewing the Covenant
In order to renew the Covenant after your freshman year, you must: