Thank you, counselors! We welcome thousands of amazing students to Indiana University each fall, and we couldn’t do it without you.
As you work with your students during the college-search process, please call on us as a resource for your questions about IU scholarships. You know best how we can serve you and your students, and we’d love to hear your suggestions.
Remember the November 1 Application Deadline
For maximum scholarship consideration—including consideration for IU Academic Merit Scholarships and IU Selective Scholarships—students applying for the fall of 2019 must apply to IU Bloomington by November 1, 2018. This is also the early action (non-binding) admission deadline.
All application materials must be received by November 1 if your students want to be considered for these opportunities. These materials include:
- Official high school transcript sent directly from the high school*
- Official ACT/SAT scores sent directly from the testing agencies
- An application for admission to Indiana University*
- A brief IU-specific essay. If applying through the Common Application, this essay is called the Writing Supplement for IU Bloomington.This essay may be used in scholarship consideration.
- A $65 application fee (or waiver if they qualify). Click here to learn how students may qualify for a waiver.
*Help your students out by including their full senior schedule with the submission of their official high school transcript as their application will not be considered complete until this component is received.
Whitelist Email Addresses for Selective Scholarship Letters
For the IU Selective Scholarship Application, students can send emails from the online application to counselors, teachers, and community members to request recommendation letters. To ensure these emails reach the recommenders, please ask your IT representative to whitelist all email extensiosns ending in the following: @indiana.edu, @iu.edu, and @academicworks.com.
If your student has indicated that they have submitted the IU Selective Scholarship Application, and you have not yet received notification from Indiana University, please contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.